If you are reading this then you’re probably seeking admission in Delhi University. So first of all, welcome to this new journey, a journey called “College Hunting.” Owing to DU’s elusive nature, doing everything in a systematic manner and being fully prepared is the need of the hour as the process can become a little overwhelming at times.
To make the process easier for all you talented students out there, Oxfordcaps has crafted out a detailed DU admission guide for you!
DU offers admission to students in various UG, PG and doctoral courses in different fields. Both merit-based and entrance-based courses are admitted by the same process.
The process is quite simple. But it will surely put your patience to test!
- Fill the registration form – Online mode (appears around the 3rd week of May).
- Make the necessary uploads and pay the minimal registration fees.
- Then wait for the cut off lists to be released on the centralized admission web portal- they might fluctuate by days so keep a track.
- Carefully assess which will be the best colleges for you and narrow down your choices to a select few. Focus on the various aspects such as faculty, extracurricular, placements, college environment, and obviously your choice of course.
- You get 3 days to visit the college you wish to apply to and complete the admission formalities.
- You must carry the original documents along with their photocopies (at least 3 copies) for admission. Here we have listed the documents required for verification process:
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Graduation mark sheet & other certificates (for PG courses)
- Recent character certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size self-attested photographs
- SC/ST/OBC/Defense/PwD certificate
- Migration certificate from board/university (only for students who passed their class 12th from outside of Delhi)
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit (only some colleges ask for it)
For admission through entrance test, the registration process remains the same but the admission process is a little different. First of all, you have to give your entrance on the prescribed date. Also, cutoffs are released after result declaration and you get admission based on your secured rank. This might also include Group Discussion or Personal Interview Rounds (depending on the course you want to pursue).
While being optimistic about one’s percentage is good but reserving a seat at the right time is as important.
We hope this guide helps answer all your queries regarding admissions in the prestigious colleges of Delhi University. Here’s wishing good luck to all you talented young minds who seek to make it to Delhi University this year!
For further information, you can also visit the Delhi University official website: www.du.ac.in