Going through college admissions for the first time can easily leave anyone baffled owing to the long trail of entrance exams that you first have to appear in and then the demanding process of counseling. To hedge the risk of not being able to make it through counseling, students should avoid making any mistakes.
So to make the process easier for all you aspiring youngsters out there, we have crafted out a UPES counseling guide for you!
The seats will be allotted to the participating candidates based on their filled preferences and their ranks.Seat matrix for UPES would be:JEE Main 2019 rankers (10% seats), Board Merit holders (10% seats) and UPESEAT merit holders (80% seats).
Also, 15% seats will be reserved horizontally for candidates belonging to the state of Uttarakhand (domicile holders).
On the day of the counseling you must carry all the required documents. This is of utmost importance because leaving behind even a single document would amount to wasting your entire day because you will not be allowed to proceed further.
So here is a list of documents for verification that you must carry. Also, keep in mind to get originals as well as enough self- attested photocopies of the same.
- Counseling Call Letter
- Qualifying exam admit card 2019
- Qualifying exam score card 2019
- 10th mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Character Certificate from the school last attended
- Identity Proof
- Demand Draft of prescribed fees in favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at Dehradun
- 6 passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate/permanent resident certificate(for candidates applying under Uttarakhand quota)
We hope this guide helps answer all your queries regarding the counseling process. Here’s wishing good luck to all the talented young minds who seek to make it to UPES this year!